cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thibaut Britz <thibaut.br...@trendiction.com>
Subject Commit log + Data directory on same partition (software raid)
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:11:10 GMT
Hi,

Has anyone of you made some experience with software raid (raid 1,
mirroring 2 disks)?

Our workload is rather read based at the moment (Commit Log directory only
grows by 128MB every 2-3 minutes), while the second hd is under high load
due to the read requests to our cassandra cluster.

I was thinking about putting both the commit log and the data directory on
a software raid partition spanning over the two disks. Would this increase
the general read performance? In theory I could get twice the read
performance, but I don't know how the commit log will influence the read
performance on both disks?

Thanks,
Thibaut