cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mat Brown <...@brewster.com>
Subject Omitting empty columns from CQL SELECT
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 23:09:10 GMT
Hello all,

I've noticed that when performing a SELECT statement with a list of
columns specified, Cassandra returns all columns in the resulting
row(s) even if they have no value. This creates an apparently
considerable amount of transport and deserialization overhead,
particularly in one use case I'm looking at, in which we select a
large collection of columns but expect only a small fraction of them
to contain values. Is there any way to get around this and only
receive columns that have values in the results?

Thanks,
Mat