cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Owen Davies <Owen.Dav...@logmein.com>
Subject Is large number of columns per row a problem?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:47:04 GMT
We want to store a large number of columns in a single row (up to about 100,000,000), where
each value is roughly 10 bytes.

We also need to be able to get slices of columns from any point in the row.

We haven't found a problem with smaller amounts of data so far, but can anyone think of any
reason if this is a bad idea, or would cause large performance problems?

If breaking up the row is something we should do, what is the maximum number of columns we
should have?

We are not too worried if there is only a small performance decrease, adding more nodes to
the cluster would be an option to help make code simpler.

Thanks,

Owen Davies