cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Node forgets about most of its column families
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:44:39 GMT
> But the following nodetool repair crashes. It has to be stopped and then re-started.
How did it crash ?

> Are there any suggestions for logging or similar so that we can get a clue next time
this happens.
Can you make the logs from #5 available?

If you feel you can describe the situation please create a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 29/08/2012, at 8:38 AM, Edward Sargisson <edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net> wrote:

> For the record, we just had a recurrence of this.
> This time, when the node (#5) came back it didn't properly rejoin the ring.
> We stopped every node and brought them back one by one to get the ring to link up correctly.
> Then, all the even nodes (#2, #4, #6) had out of data schemas.
>
> nodetool resetlocalschema works.
> But the following nodetool repair crashes. It has to be stopped and then re-started.
>
> Are there any suggestions for logging or similar so that we can get a clue next time
this happens.

> Cheers,
> Edward
>

> On 12-08-24 11:18 AM, Edward Sargisson wrote:
>> Sadly, I don't think we can get much.
>>
>> All I know about the repro is that it was around a node restart. I've just tried
that and everything's fine. I see now ERROR level messages in the logs.

>> Clearly, some other conditions are required but we don't know them as yet.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Edward
>>

>> On 12-08-24 03:29 AM, aaron morton wrote:
>>> If this is still a test environment can you try to reproduce the fault ? Or provide
some more details on the sequence of events?

>>> If you still have the logs around can you see if any ERROR level messages were
logged?

>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> -----------------
>>> Aaron Morton
>>> Freelance Developer
>>> @aaronmorton
>>> http://www.thelastpickle.com

but not understanding what happened is a concern.

Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and
      more.

Services World

email archiving system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance
or technical information provided herein.  All trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.