cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: What are the basic steps to improve Cassandra performance
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:25:02 GMT
> optimize the Cassandra for performance in general
It's a lot easier to answer specific questions. Cassandra is fast, and there are way to make
it faster in specific use cases.

> improve the performance for "select * from X" type of queries
Ah. Are you specifying a row key or are you trying to get multiple rows ? Getting the columns
from the start of row is the most efficient query, see my presentation here http://www.datastax.com/events/cassandrasummit2012/presentations

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/08/2012, at 4:56 PM, A Geek <dw.90@live.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> I'm a bit new to Cassandra and was wondering what are the basic steps that we must follow
to optimize the Cassandra for performance in general and how to improve the performance for
"select * from X" type of queries. Any help would be much appreciated.