cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Node forgets about most of its column families
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:29:40 GMT
If this is still a test environment can you try to reproduce the fault ? Or provide some more
details on the sequence of events?

If you still have the logs around can you see if any ERROR level messages were logged?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/08/2012, at 8:33 AM, Edward Sargisson <edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net> wrote:

> Ah, yes, I forgot that bit thanks!
>
> 1.1.2 running on Centos.
>
> Running nodetool resetlocalschema then nodetool repair fixed the problem but not understanding
what happened is a concern.

> Cheers,
> Edward
>

> On 12-08-23 12:40 PM, Rob Coli wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Edward Sargisson
>> <edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net> wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anybody had seen the following behaviour before and how
>>> we might detect it and keep the application running.
>> I don't know the answer to your problem, but anyone who does will want
>> to know in what version of Cassandra you are encountering this issue.
>> :)
>>
>> =Rob
>>

> --
> Edward Sargisson
> senior java developer
> Global Relay
>
> edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net
>

> 866.484.6630
> New York | Chicago | Vancouver  |  London  (+44.0800.032.9829)  |  Singapore  (+65.3158.1301)
>
> Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson
Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.

> Ask about Global Relay Message — The Future of Collaboration in the Financial Services
World

> All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global Relay’s email archiving
system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance or technical
information provided herein.  All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.