cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject new node joins the cluster but can't drop schemas
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:49:53 GMT

  We used to have a nice test cluster with 2 nodes and everything was peachy. At some point
we (re)added a third node, which seems to work allright. But then we try to delete one CF
and requery it and we get this:

root@pnscassandra03:~# cqlsh -3
[cqlsh 2.2.0 | Cassandra 1.1.2hebex1 | CQL spec 3.0.0 | Thrift protocol 19.32.0]
cqlsh:test_restore> drop table cf1;
cqlsh:test_restore> select count (*) from cf1;

  "Of course" if we drop the CF from nodes 1 or 2 it disappears as expected:

cqlsh:test_restore> drop table cf1;
cqlsh:test_restore> select count (*) from cf1;
Bad Request: unconfigured columnfamily cf1

  As it's a test cluster and several people had used it on and off to do some tests, including
the restore tests I posted about last week, I can't say exactly what happened with this machines.
All I can say it's that logs look good[1]. I also have the debug logs if they're useful. Other
info in the setup:

Virtual machines running ubuntu 12.04, sun's java6, and nothing much changed from the default
config. KS created as:

CREATE KEYSPACE test_restore WITH strategy_class = 'SimpleStrategy'
  AND strategy_options:replication_factor = '2';

USE test_restore;

  id int PRIMARY KEY,
  val text
  comment='' AND
  comparator=text AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  default_validation=text AND
  min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
  max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  compaction_strategy_class='SizeTieredCompactionStrategy' AND

and the deceased cf1 is similar to cf2. Any ideas?

Marcos Dione
Astek Sud-Est
04 97 12 62 45 -

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

View raw message