cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Arend-Jan Wijtzes <>
Subject lost keyspace
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 13:03:52 GMT

Today we rebooted a node in our cluster for maintenance and after that
one of the keyspaces went missing. This is what we did leading up to

nodetool drain -h localhost

restart cassandra
There was an error during startup:
ERROR [MutationStage:109] 2012-08-08 14:05:56,443 (line 61) Error
in row mutation org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find cfId=1014

(then we found keyspace twitter is missing)

The sstables are still there so I tried to re-create the keyspace:
cassandra-cli -h localhost
[default@unknown] create keyspace twitter with placement_strategy = 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy'
and strategy_options = {replication_factor:3} ;
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster

default@unknown] use twitter;
Keyspace 'twitter' not found.

So we can't create the keyspace. The cassandra version is 1.1.0.
What is the proper way to deal with this?

Thanks for your help.

Arend-Jan Wijtzes -- Wiseguys --

View raw message