cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Swathi Vikas <swat.vi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: C++ Bulk loader and Result set streaming.
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:16:02 GMT
1) For now i am using sstableloader. I think, some time later i will write some code using
RPC.

2) Yes, I looked into many blogs and found information that i need to use last index to retrieve
next 100 rows. I was trying to save some time if some one has already done this kind of streaming.
I will write code to do that.

Thank you very much,
Swat.vikas

________________________________
From: aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Swathi Vikas <swat.vikas@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: C++ Bulk loader and Result set streaming.

But i couldn't find any information on bulk loading using C++ client interface.You cannot.

To bulk load data use the sstableloader, otherwise you need to use the RPC / CQL API.

2) I want to retrieve all the result of the query(not just first 100 result set) using C++
client. Is there any C++ supporting code or information on streaming the result set into a
file or something.I've not looked at the C++ client, but normally you use the last column
returned as the start column for the next call.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com/

On 17/08/2012, at 6:08 AM, Swathi Vikas <swat.vikas@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

>I am using C++ client libQtCassandra. I have two questions.
>
>1) I want to bulk load data into cassandra through C++ interface. It is required by my
group where i am doing internship. I could bulk load using sstableloader as specified in Datastax
:http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading. But i couldn't find any information on bulk