cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Increased replication factor not evident in CLI
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:42:56 GMT
Just to completely eliminate the possibility of the same bug, if you look here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cassandra.apache.org/msg04992.html

If you create a test keyspace, and look at the timestamp in the "schema_keyspaces" column
family in comparison to your existing keyspace, is that timestamp greater?

Thanks,
-Mike

On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Michael Theroux wrote:

> Sounds a lot like a bug that I hit that was filed and fixed recently:

> -Mike
>
> On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>
>> Possibly the bug with nanotime causing cassandra to think the change happened in
the past. Talked about onlist in past few days.
>> On Thursday, July 12, 2012, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> > Do multiple nodes say the RF is 2 ? Can you show the output from the CLI ? Do
show schema and show keyspace say the same thing ?
>> > Cheers
>> >

>> > -----------------
>> > Aaron Morton
>> > Freelance Developer
>> > @aaronmorton
>> > http://www.thelastpickle.com
>> > On 13/07/2012, at 7:39 AM, Dustin Wenz wrote:
>> >
>> > We recently increased the replication factor of a keyspace in our cassandra
1.1.1 cluster from 2 to 4. This was done by setting the replication factor to 4 in cassandra-cli,
and then running a repair on each node.

>> > Everything seems to have worked; the commands completed successfully and disk
usage increased significantly. However, if I perform a describe on the keyspace, it still
shows replication_factor:2. So, it appears that the replication factor might be 4, but it
reports as 2. I'm not entirely sure how to confirm one or the other.

>> > Since then, I've stopped and restarted the cluster, and even ran an upgradesstables
on each node. The replication factor still doesn't report as I would expect. Am I missing
something here?