cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema advice: (Single row or multiple row!?) How do I store millions of columns when I need to read a set of around 500 columns at a single read query using column names ?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:10:44 GMT
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Ertio Lew <ertiop93@gmail.com> wrote:

> For each user in my application, I want to store a *value* that is queried
> by using the userId. So there is going to be one column for each user
> (userId as col Name & *value* as col Value). Now I want to store these
> columns such that can efficiently read columns for  atleast  300-500 users
> in a single read query.

Is the query timebased or userid based? How do you determine which users to
read first? Do you read all of them or few of them? What's the query
criteria?

It would be helpful to understand exactly how your query works. In NoSQL
there are no Btree indexes, which means you need to store data that is
materialized based on your query pattern.