cassandra-user mailing list archives

From rohit bhatia <rohit2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema advice: (Single row or multiple row!?) How do I store millions of columns when I need to read a set of around 500 columns at a single read query using column names ?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:40:08 GMT
You should probably try to break the one row scheme to
2*Number_of_nodes rows scheme.. This should ensure proper distribution
of rows and still allow u to query from a few fixed number of rows.
How u do it depends on how are u gonna choose ur 200-500 columns
during reading (try having them in the same row)

Even if u r forced to put them in seperate rows, u can make the row
key as "some modulus of hash of column name", ensuring symmetry and
easy access of columns...