cassandra-user mailing list archives

From feedly team <feedly...@gmail.com>
Subject frequent node up/downs
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:08:57 GMT
Hello,
   I recently set up a 2 node cassandra cluster on dedicated hardware. In
the logs there have been a lot of "InetAddress xxx is now dead' or UP
messages. Comparing the log messages between the 2 nodes, they seem to
coincide with extremely long ParNew collections. I have seem some of up to
50 seconds. The installation is pretty vanilla, I didn't change any
settings and the machines don't seem particularly busy - cassandra is the
only thing running on the machine with an 8GB heap. The machine has 64GB of
RAM and CPU/IO usage looks pretty light. I do see a lot of 'Heap is xxx
full. You may need to reduce memtable and/or cache sizes' messages. Would
this help with the long ParNew collections? That message seems to be
triggered on a full collection.