cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: RF on per column family basis ?
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:51:50 GMT
On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Ertio Lew <ertiop93@gmail.com> wrote:

> I heard that it is* not highly recommended* to create more than a single
> keyspace for an application or on a single cluster !?

The only possible issue there is with connections and connection pooling,
where you need to set a working keyspace for the connection.

> Moreover I fail to understand that why Cassandra puts this limitation to
> set RF on keyspace when, I guess, it makes more sense to do this on per CF
> basis !?

The understanding is that you will typically create different keyspaces for
data that has different replication needs.  Keyspace really only serve as a
level at which you set replication settings, nothing more.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>