cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sunit Randhawa <>
Subject Re: Composite Slice Query returning non-sliced data
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:20:39 GMT
I have tested this extensively and EOC has huge issue in terms of
usability of CompositeTypes in Cassandra.

As an example: If you have 2 Composite Columns such as A:B:C and A:D:C.

And if you do search on A:B as start and end Composite Components, it
will return D as well. Because it returns all the remaining columns
from your start range.

Similarly if you do search on A:D as start and end Composite
Components, it will not return B because the D comes after B.

Sadly, the information given here on intro to composite Types:
also does not work.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Tyler Hobbs <> wrote:
> I think in this case that's just Hector's way of setting the EOC byte for a
> component.  My guess is that the composite isn't being structured correctly
> through Hector, as well.
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:40 AM, aaron morton <>
> wrote:
>> The first thing that stands out is that (in cassandra) comparison
>> operations are not used in a slice range.
> --
> Tyler Hobbs
> DataStax

View raw message