cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: BulkLoading SSTables and compression
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 08:47:56 GMT
> The only thing I can think of is that the upgradesstables option follows a
> slightly different path to the bulk uploader when it comes to generating the
> sstables that have been flushed to disk?
Seems unlikely, they both run through the same classes which determine their compression strategy
via configuration.

> However, prior to running the "upgradesstables" command, the total size of
> all the SSTables was 27GB and afterwards its 12GB.
Do you have some of the log messages written when upgrade tables ran ? They will be from compaction
and come in pairs you can correlate to same thread, one about what file is being compacted
and another about how big the new file is.

Do you have secondary indexes defined on the target CF ?

If you can reproduce (or at least explain it pretty well) it's probably time to hit    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer