cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Increased replication factor not evident in CLI
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:56:28 GMT
Sounds a lot like a bug that I hit that was filed and fixed recently:

-Mike

On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:

> Possibly the bug with nanotime causing cassandra to think the change happened in the
past. Talked about onlist in past few days.
> On Thursday, July 12, 2012, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> > Do multiple nodes say the RF is 2 ? Can you show the output from the CLI ? Do show
schema and show keyspace say the same thing ?
> > Cheers
> >

> > -----------------
> > Aaron Morton
> > Freelance Developer
> > @aaronmorton
> > http://www.thelastpickle.com
> > On 13/07/2012, at 7:39 AM, Dustin Wenz wrote:
> >
> > We recently increased the replication factor of a keyspace in our cassandra 1.1.1
cluster from 2 to 4. This was done by setting the replication factor to 4 in cassandra-cli,
and then running a repair on each node.

> > Everything seems to have worked; the commands completed successfully and disk usage
increased significantly. However, if I perform a describe on the keyspace, it still shows
replication_factor:2. So, it appears that the replication factor might be 4, but it reports
as 2. I'm not entirely sure how to confirm one or the other.

> > Since then, I've stopped and restarted the cluster, and even ran an upgradesstables
on each node. The replication factor still doesn't report as I would expect. Am I missing
something here?