cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Thrift version and OOM errors
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:32:35 GMT
agree.

It's a good idea to remove as many variables and possible and get to a stable/known state.
Use a clean install and a well known client and see if the problems persist.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/07/2012, at 4:58 PM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2012 2:02 PM, "Vasileios Vlachos" <vasileiosvlachos@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Any ideas what could be causing strange message lengths?
>
> One cause of this that I've seen is a client using unframed Thrift transport while the
server expects framed, or vice versa. I suppose a similar cause could be something that is
not a Thrift client at all mistakenly connecting to Cassandra's Thrift port.