cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CQL 3 with a right API
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 18:27:47 GMT
Row keys are distinct.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/07/2012, at 7:30 AM, Shahryar Sedghi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to to Cassandra and we started with 1.1 and modeled everything with Composite
columns and wide rows and chose CQL 3 even if it is beta. Since I could not find a way in
Hector to set CQL 3, I started with Thrift and prototyped all my scenarios with Thrift including
retrieving all row keys (without CQL). Recently I saw a JDBC driver for 1.1.1 and it is so
promising (slightly slower than thrift in most of my scenarios). Apparently  JDBC "will be"
the ultimate Java API for Cassandra, so the question is:

> Since there is no distinct clause in CQL 3, is there a way to retrieve all row keys "with
JDBC" without browsing all columns of the CF (and make it distinct yourself) ?