cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan <codeva...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra Hector failover + load balancing not as expected with version 1.0-5
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 03:59:26 GMT
Hi

Currently I am using Cassandra 1.0.6 with Hector 1.0-5 in production, and
now in the process of upgrading current Cassandra cluster to 1.1.2 version.

As the first upgrade process, I select one node from local development
Cassandra cluster (3 node 1.0.6 and RF=3) and execute the nodetool drain to
empty the memtables and commit logs. During the drain, that node receive
reads+writes from external java client (which uses hector 1.0-5 client) and
immediately I am receiving a hector connection failure errors when drain
starts. With the hector connection issues, the external client stops sending
writes and it's also fails. Below show how I build up the connection with
hector.

Cluster cluster = HFactory.getOrCreateCluster("test-dev-cluster",
"10.1.161.60,10.1.161.61,10.1.161.62");
Keyspace keyspace = HFactory.createKeyspace(getKeyValue(KEYSPACE_NAME_KEY),
cluster);

Other than the above 2 statements, I am passing any configuration to hector
to build up the connections.

What I noticed is, every time hector uses zero element from the server list
url and still try to connect to the same server, if it fails.

Could someone help me to solve this hector fail over?

Thanks

/Roshan