cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Truncate failing with 1.0 client against 0.7 cluster
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 03:36:23 GMT
truncate requires all all nodes to be available.

Let us know when you have the full error.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/07/2012, at 10:04 AM, Guy Incognito wrote:

> sorry i don't have the exact text right now but it's along the lines of 'not enough replicas
available to handle the requested consistency level'.  i'm requesting quorum but i've tried
with one, and any and it made no difference.

> On 16/07/2012 19:30, aaron morton wrote:
>> UnavailableException is a server side error, whats the full error message ?
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> -----------------
>> Aaron Morton
>> Freelance Developer
>> @aaronmorton
>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>
>> On 17/07/2012, at 5:31 AM, Guy Incognito wrote:
>>
>>> i'm doing an upgrade of Cassandra 0.7 to 1.0 at the moment, and as part of the
preparation i'm upgrading to 1.0 client libraries (we use Hector 1.0-5) prior to upgrading
the cluster itself.  I'm seeing some of our integration tests against the dev 0.7 cluster
fail as they get UnavailableExceptions when trying to truncate the test column families.
This is new behaviour with the 1.0 client libraries, it doesn't happen with the 0.7 libraries.

>>> It seems to fail immediately, it doesn't eg wait for eg the 10 second RPC timeout,
it fails straight away.  Anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening?  Interestingly
I seem to be able to get around it if i only tell Hector about one of the nodes (we have 4).
If I give it all four then it throws the UnavailableException.