cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Change of behaviour in multiget_slice query for unknown keys between 0.7 and 1.1?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:18:54 GMT
Nothing has changed in the server, try the Hector user group.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/06/2012, at 12:02 PM, Edward Sargisson wrote:

> Hi all,
> Was there a change of behaviour in multiget_slice query in Cassandra or Hector between
0.7 and 1.1 when dealing with a key that doesn't exist?

> We've just upgraded and our in memory unit test is failing (although just on my machine).
The test code is looking for a key that doesn't exist and expects to get null. Instead it
gets a ColumnSlice with a single column called val. If there were something there then we'd
expect columns with names like bytes, int or string. Other rows in the column family have
those columns as well as val.

> Is there a reason for this behaviour?
> I'd like to see if there was an explanation before I change the unit test for it.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Edward
>
> --
> Edward Sargisson
> senior java developer
> Global Relay
>
> edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net
>

> 866.484.6630
> New York | Chicago | Vancouver  |  London  (+44.0800.032.9829)  |  Singapore  (+65.3158.1301)
>
> Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson
Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.

> Ask about Global Relay Message — The Future of Collaboration in the Financial Services
World

> All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global Relay’s email archiving
system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance or technical
information provided herein.  All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.