cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Fat Client Commit Log
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:01:54 GMT
Fat clients aren't involved in writes or HH, and I think my previous thought about it having
some info in the System KS may be wrong.

Can you recreate the issue ? Care to raise a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
?

Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/06/2012, at 4:47 AM, Frank Ng wrote:

> There are files that are recently created.  One fat client node is storing 2.5GB of commit
log files.  The other 2 nodes are storing around 20MB of files.
> Question, would the commit log data be related to hinted handoff info in the system CF?
 In other words, is hinted handoffs being store in the fat clients?

> thanks
>
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> The fat client would still have some information in the system CF.
>
> Are the files big ? Are they continually created ?
>
> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 23/06/2012, at 8:07 AM, Frank Ng wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are using the Fat Client and notice that there are files written to the commit
log directory on the Fat Client.  Does anyone know what these files are storing? Are these
hinted handoff data?  The Fat Client has no files in the data directory, as expected.