cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1 node crashed in ring
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 10:02:48 GMT
>  of Cassandra 0.8.1
I would recommend upgrading to the latest 0.8 release there are a lot bug fixes. (if not 1.0.10)

> Please help me that how I add new node in ring and its gets all update/data which lost
in crash server.
Have you been working at CL QUOURM and running repair regularly?

Am assuming the crashed server is totally dead and cannot be started.

You can start a new node with the same token as the last one. When it joins the it will auto
bootstrap and copy the data from the one that is up.

If you can copy the data of the old one, copy it all to a new node and start with. Then run
nodetool repair.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 7/06/2012, at 6:52 PM, Adeel Akbar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running 2 nodes of Cassandra 0.8.1 in ring with replication factor 2. Last night
one of the Cassandra servers crashed and now we are running on single node. Please help me