cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka Withana <eran.chinth...@gmail.com>
Subject Integration Testing for Cassandra
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 05:10:30 GMT
Hi,

I want to write integration tests related to my cassandra code where
instead of accessing production clusters I should be able to start an
embedded cassandra instance, within my unit test code, populate some data
and run test cases.

I found this[1]  as the closest to what I'm looking for (I prefer to use
thrift API so didn't even think about using storage proxy API). I'm using
Hector 1.0.x as my client to connect my cassandra 1.0.x clusters. Before I
go ahead and use it, is this the recommended way to test Cassandra related
client code? Are there any test utils already in Cassandra code base? I
really appreciate if someone can shed some light here.

[1]
http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/14/running-cassandra-as-an-embedded-service/

Thanks,
Eran Chinthaka Withana