cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Karthik N <karthik....@gmail.com>
Subject Multi datacenter, WAN hiccups and replication
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:52:53 GMT
My Cassandra ring spans two DCs. I use local quorum with replication
factor=3. I do a write in DC1 with local quorum. Data gets written to
multiple nodes in DC1. For the same write to propagate to DC2 only one
copy is sent from the coordinator node in DC1 to a coordinator node in
DC2 for optimizing traffic over the WAN (from what I have read in the
Cassandra documentation)

Will a Wan hiccup result in a Hinted Handoff (HH) being created in
DC1's coordinator for DC2 to be delivered when the Wan link is up
again?