cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: cql 3 qualification failing?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:42:54 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Greg Fausak <greg@named.com> wrote:
> But, I just attended a class on this.  I thought that once I used my
> indices the remaining qualifications would be satisfied via a filtering
> method.

The actual rule is that you need to at least qualify one of the indexed column
with an EQUAL. Then, if that is satisfied, you can indeed add filtering on
non-indexed columns. In you example, the EQUAL is on a non-indexed
column, so this won't work. For the request to work, you would need to
index ac_c (but then you wouldn't need to index ac_creation for that specific
request).

--
Sylvain