cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Leimbach <>
Subject Re: cassandra queue
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:37:39 GMT
Tried using Cassandra as a queue once.  It's an attractive idea, having the
data replicated and durably stored.  However the problems we hit were with
trying to utilize a secondary index for whether or not something had been
processed or not.  Since that index field was basically on a type with
arity of 2, we ended up with a column family with two really wide rows,
which Cassandra, though it can do it, really does not perform very well

That coupled with Hector timeout issues became a real problem for us.

My thoughts now are don't use Cassandra as a queue, but there may be much
smarter ways to do it.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Deno Vichas <> wrote:

> does anybody have experience with these projects?
> thanks,
> deno

View raw message