cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Brian O'Neill" <b...@alumni.brown.edu>
Subject Re: which high level Java client
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:31:06 GMT
FWIW,

We keep most of our system level integrations behind REST using Virgil:
https://github.com/hmsonline/virgil

When a lower-level integration is necessary we use Hector, but
recently we've started using Astyanax and plan to port our Hector
dependencies over to Astyanax when given a chance.

I've also been looking to implement a Spring Data JPA adaptor like
what is available for MongoDB.
https://github.com/boneill42/spring-data-mongodb

I've forked the SpringSource Cassandra repo here if anyone wants to help out:
https://github.com/boneill42/spring-data-cassandra

-brian

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Vivek Mishra <mishra.vivs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would like to add one more https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera . Next release
is planned with many distinguishing features.

> -Vivek
>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Sasha Dolgy <sdolgy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not following this thread too much, but there is also https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/
>>
>> "Astyanax is currently in use at Netflix. Issues generally are fixed as quickly as
possbile and releases done frequently."

>> -sd
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Poziombka, Wade L <wade.l.poziombka@intel.com>
wrote:

>>> I use Pelops and have been very happy.  In my opinion the interface is cleaner
than that with Hector.  I personally do like the serializer business.

in hector is really broken. If you expect your nodes to timeout often (for example, if you
are using WAN) better to try something else first.

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)