cassandra-user mailing list archives

From rohit bhatia <rohit2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra out of Heap memory
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:05:37 GMT
Looking at http://blog.mikiobraun.de/2010/08/cassandra-gc-tuning.html
and server logs, I think my situation is this

"The default cassandra settings has the highest peak heap usage. The
problem with this is that it raises the possibility that during the
CMS cycle, a collection of the young generation runs out of memory to
migrate objects to the old generation (a so-called concurrent mode
failure), leading to stop-the-world full garbage collection. However,
with a slightly lower setting of the CMS threshold, we get a bit more
headroom, and more stable overall performance."

I see concurrentMarkSweep system.log Entries trying to gc 2-4 collections.

Any suggestions for preemptive measure for this would be welcome.