cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodes moving spontaneously
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:59:09 GMT
Nodes don't move themselves, you likely have some kind of 'bouncing
gossip' issue where a node was removed/replaced and is hanging around,
but only periodically held in statee between nodes.  Unfortunately
node removal is very prone to this before 0.8.3 and even after that,
you can't fix it without
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3337 so upgrading is
really your best bet here.