cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: TimedOutException()
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:44:15 GMT
> Is the node we are connecting to try to proxy requests ? Wouldn't our
> configuration ensure all nodes have replicas ?
It can still time out even when reading locally. (The thread running the query is waiting
on the read thread).

Look in the server side logs to see if there are any errors. If you are getting a timeout
in this situation I would guess either the node is heavily overloaded or you are asking for
a lot of data from a wide row.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer