cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: nodetool move 0 gets stuck in "moving" state forever
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 01:34:08 GMT
Look in the logs for errors or warnings. Also let us know what version you are using.

Am guessing that node 2 still thought that node 1 was in the cluster when you did the move.
Which should(?) have errored.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/06/2012, at 1:50 AM, Poziombka, Wade L wrote:

> Let me elaborate a bit.
>
> two node cluster
> node1 has token 0
> node2 has token 85070591730234615865843651857942052864
>
> node1 goes down perminently.
>
> do a nodetool move 0 on node2.
>
> monitor with ring... is in Moving state forever it seems.

nodetool move 0.  Then we monitor using nodetool ring it seems to be stuck on Moving forever.