cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: large Rows Vs multinodes ring
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:30:10 GMT
It's not an exact science. Some general guidelines though:

* A row normally represents an entity
* Rows wider than the thrift_max_message_length_in_mb (16MB) cannot be retrieved in a single
call
* Wide rows (in the 10's of MB) become can make repair do more work than is needed.
* Rows wider than in_memory_compaction_limit_in_mb (64) make compaction run slower

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/06/2012, at 5:18 AM, Cyril Auburtin wrote:

> In what extent, having possibly large rows, (many columns (sorted as timeststamp, or
geohash or ...) will be nefast for a muli-node ring.
> I guess a row can be read/write just on one node, if yes it's more likely to fail, (than
having one row per timestamp ..)