cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Harshvardhan Ojha <>
Subject RE: Cassandra Upgrade from 0.8.1
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 06:44:52 GMT
You can follow these steps for your version also .

If you will keep the data directory same in Cassandra.yaml, data will be picked in new node.

From: Adeel Akbar []
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:11 PM
Subject: Cassandra Upgrade from 0.8.1

Dear Guys,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Currently I have two Cassandra nodes running in ring.  I have installed Cassandra on following

Now my questions are;

1.       How we upgrade (Step by Step version like 0.8.1 to 0.8.5, then 0.8.5 to

2.       Once I take snapshot, is it have full data or only one node data?

3.       Once I download apache-cassandra-0.8.5-bin.tar.gz then after untar, What Can I do?
I only move few folder from previous version directory to new version directory or move all
directories and files.

4.       After moving data is there any command required ?

Thanks & Regards

Adeel Akbar

View raw message