cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Harshvardhan Ojha <Harshvardhan.O...@makemytrip.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra Data Archiving
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 04:28:18 GMT
Problem statement:
We are keeping daily generated data(user generated content)  in Cassandra, but our application
is using only 15 days old data. So how can we archive data older than 15 days so that we can
reduce load on Cassandra ring.

Note : we can't apply TTL, as this data may be needed in future.

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 6:57 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra Data Archiving

I'm not sure on your needs, but the simplest thing to consider is snapshotting and copying
off node.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/06/2012, at 12:23 AM, Shubham Srivastava wrote:

I need to archive my Cassandra data into another  permanent storage .

Two intent

1.To shed the unused data from the Live data.

2.To use the archived data for getting some analytics out or a potential source of DataWarehouse.

Any recommendations for the same in terms of strategies or tools to use.

Regards,
Shubham Srivastava | Technical Lead - Technology Development

+91 124 4910 548   |  MakeMyTrip.com<http://MakeMyTrip.com>, 243 SP Infocity, Udyog
Vihar Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 016, India

<image001.gif>What's new? My Trip Rewards - An exclusive loyalty program for MakeMyTrip
customers.<https://rewards.makemytrip.com/MTR>

<image002.gif><http://www.makemytrip.com/>

<image003.gif><http://www.makemytrip.com/support/gurgaon-travel-agent-office.php>
Office Map