cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject RE: Hector code not running when replication factor set to 2
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:49:05 GMT
The error stack is as follows:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HUnavailableException: : May not be enough
replicas present to handle consistency level.
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.java:59)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:285)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:268)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation.java:103)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:258)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:131)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.getSlice(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:289)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftSliceQuery.java:53)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftSliceQuery.java:49)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:85)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery.execute(ThriftSliceQuery.java:48)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ColumnSliceIterator.hasNext(ColumnSliceIterator.java:88)
        at com.musigma.hectortest.HectorUtilTest.getAllColumns(HectorUtil.java:70)
        at com.musigma.hectortest.HectorUtil.main(HectorUtil.java:168)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: UnavailableException()
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$get_slice_result.read(Cassandra.java:7204)
        at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:78)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_slice(Cassandra.java:543)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.get_slice(Cassandra.java:527)
        at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:273)
        ... 18 more

The node tool ring from the node I connected to looks like :
Address         DC          Rack        Status State   Load            Effective-Owership
 Token

 85070591730234615865843651857942052864
162.192.100.16  datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  239.82 MB       100.00%
 0
162.192.100.9   datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  239.81 MB       100.00%
 85070591730234615865843651857942052864

I did not find any error in the logs generated by Cassandra on the running machine.

Please help me

Thanks and Regards

Prakrati