cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Time taken to retrieve data from a 2 node cluster is more than 1 node cluster
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:11:10 GMT

Dear all

Initially I had a one node cluster and I flooded my data into it. I then ran my Hector code
to get some rows and columns. It took around 52.793 seconds.
 Then I added one more node to the cluster. I again ran the same code and it took around 112.065
seconds.
Cassandra should perform faster when there are more nodes was my belief.Is my belief wrong
or am I doing something wrong? Please help me

Thanks and Regards
Prakrati

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.