cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject RE: How to include two nodes in Java code using Hector
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 06:12:29 GMT
Thank you for the reply.
Now I have decommissioned a node but now I don't know how to recommission it .Please help
me

Thanks and Regards

Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Roshni Rajagopal [mailto:Roshni.Rajagopal@wal-mart.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:42 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to include two nodes in Java code using Hector

In Hector when you create a cluster using the API, you specify an IP address & cluster
name. Thereafter internally which node serves the request or how many nodes need to be contacted
to read/write data depends on the cluster configuration i.e. Whats your replication strategy,
factor, consistency levels for the col family , how many nodes are there in the ring etc.
So you don't individually need to connect to each node via Hector client. Once you connect
to the cluster & keyspace, via any IP add of any node in the cluster, when you make Hector
calls to read/write data, it would automatically figure out the node level details and carry
out the task. You won't get 50% of the data, you will get all data.

Also when you remove a node, your data will be unavailable ONLY if you don't have it available
in some other node as a replica..

Regards,