cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bill <b...@dehora.net>
Subject Re: Ball is rolling on High Performance Cassandra Cookbook second edition
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:53:18 GMT
I'm looking forward to getting a few copies of this. Some areas that
would be great to cover

  - Indexing strategies

  - Configuring clients/env for sane timestamping

  - Efficient CQL

  - Top 8/10 perf issues/stacktraces and common resolutions

  - understanding nodetool tpstats/cfhistograms/cfstats and what they're
actually saying

  - Capacity sizing (disk/ram overhead needed)

  - Compaction choice/strategies for kinds of workload

Bill