cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edward Sargisson <edward.sargis...@globalrelay.net>
Subject Change of behaviour in multiget_slice query for unknown keys between 0.7 and 1.1?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:02:59 GMT
Hi all,
Was there a change of behaviour in multiget_slice query in Cassandra or
Hector between 0.7 and 1.1 when dealing with a key that doesn't exist?

We've just upgraded and our in memory unit test is failing (although
just on my machine). The test code is looking for a key that doesn't
exist and expects to get null. Instead it gets a ColumnSlice with a
single column called val. If there were something there then we'd expect
columns with names like bytes, int or string. Other rows in the column
family have those columns as well as val.

Is there a reason for this behaviour?
I'd like to see if there was an explanation before I change the unit
test for it.

Many thanks in advance,
Edward

--

Edward Sargisson

senior java developer
Global Relay

edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net <mailto:edward.sargisson@globalrelay.net>

*866.484.6630*
New York | Chicago | Vancouver | London  (+44.0800.032.9829) |
Singapore  (+65.3158.1301)

Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry,
Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter,
Facebook and more.

Ask about *Global Relay Message*
<http://www.globalrelay.com/services/message>*--- *The Future of
Collaboration in the Financial Services World

*
*All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global
Relay's email archiving system. This message is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for
any compliance or technical information provided herein.  All trademarks
are the property of their respective owners.