cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Problem with streaming with sstableloader into ubuntu node
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:40:17 GMT
Cross platform clusters are not really supported.

That said it sounds like a bug. If you can create some steps to reproduce it please create
a ticket here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA it may get looked it.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/06/2012, at 12:41 AM, Nury Redjepow wrote:

> Good day, everyone
>
> We are using sstableloader to bulk insert data into cassandra.
>
> Script is executed on developers machine with Windows to Single Node Cassandra.
>
> "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -ea -cp %CASSANDRA_CLASSPATH% -Xmx256M -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-tools.properties
org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader -d 10.0.3.37 --debug -v "DestinationPrices/PricesByHotel"

> This works fine if destination cassandra is working under windows, but doesn't work with
ubuntu instance. Cli is able to connect, but sstable seem to have problem with keyspace name.
Logs in ubuntu instance show error messages like:

> ERROR [Thread-41] 2012-06-15 16:05:47,620 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 134) Exception
in thread Thread[Thread-41,5,main]