cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory error
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 18:48:22 GMT
When you ask a question please include the query or function call you have made. An any other
information that would help someone understand what you are trying to do.

Also, please list things you have already tried to work around the problem.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/06/2012, at 9:04 PM, Prakrati Agrawal wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When I try to list the entire data in my column family I get the following error:
>
> Using default limit of 100
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>                 at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.readFrame(TFramedTransport.java:140)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.read(TFramedTransport.java:101)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:378)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:297)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:204)
>                 at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_range_slices(Cassandra.java:683)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.get_range_slices(Cassandra.java:667)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeList(CliClient.java:1373)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient.executeCLIStatement(CliClient.java:264)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.processStatementInteractive(CliMain.java:219)
>                 at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.main(CliMain.java:346)
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Prakrati
>

> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.