cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Setting up a cluster
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:31:45 GMT
Did you set the cluster name to be the same ?

Check the logs on the machines for errors or warnings.

Finally check that each node can telnet to port 7000 on the others.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 19/06/2012, at 6:29 AM, Shahryar Sedghi wrote:

> I am new to Cassandra, and setting up a cluster for the first time with 1.1.1. There
are three nodes, 1 acts as a seed node that all three have the ip address of that node as
their seed. I have set the listen address to the address of each node and rpc address as
I turned the trace on on all three and see the GOSSIP messages between seed node and the other
two, not between the two non-seed nodes, sometime I see connection timeout between seed node
and the nodes but not very often; However nodetool -h address ring only shows one node in
each machine (the localhost) a,d when I define a keyspace with any replication factor the
begin and end token of the keyspace is the localhost token.
> P.S. i have generated tokens for each node.
> What did I miss here?
> Thanks
> Shahryar Sedghi
> --
> "Life is what happens while you are making other plans." ~ John Lennon

View raw message