cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Removing a node in cluster
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:27:16 GMT
It depends on what you mean by remove (background info here http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/operations/cluster_management
)

If you use nodetool decomission or nodetool removetoken the data will be redistributed.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/06/2012, at 5:39 PM, Prakrati Agrawal wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am trying to check the performance of Cassandra on adding or removing nodes. I want
to know what happens to my existing data if I remove a node ? Please help me

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com
>

> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.