cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: 1.1 not removing commit log files?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:25:45 GMT
In theory the the logging configurator is watching the log4j-server.properties file and check
for changes every 10 seconds. I've nevery had much luck with it, but assumed it was me getting
something wrong.

Or you can modify the values on the fly using the setLog4jLevel() on the StorageService MBean
via JMX. It will log "set log level to…" to say the value has changed.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 5/06/2012, at 9:58 AM, Bryce Godfrey wrote:

> I’ll try to get some log files for this with DEBUG enabled.  Tough on production though.

ColumnFamilyStore with "Enqueuing flush of " messages.

> If you set DEBUG logging for the  org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore it will log
if it things the CF is clean and no flush takes place.

> If you set DEBUG logging on org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLog we will see if
the commit log file could not be deleted because a dirty CF was not flushed.