cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryce Godfrey <>
Subject RE: 1.1 not removing commit log files?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:58:09 GMT
I'll try to get some log files for this with DEBUG enabled.  Tough on production though.

From: aaron morton []
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: 1.1 not removing commit log files?

Apply the local hint mutation follows the same code path and regular mutations.

When the commit log is being truncated you should see flush activity, logged from the ColumnFamilyStore
with "Enqueuing flush of " messages.

If you set DEBUG logging for the  org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore it will log if
it things the CF is clean and no flush takes place.

If you set DEBUG logging on org.apache.cassandra.db.commitlog.CommitLog we will see if the
commit log file could not be deleted because a dirty CF was not flushed.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer