Sorry for the confusion Tamar. Any ways thanks dear.

Regards,
Abhijit

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Tamar Fraenkel <tamar@tok-media.com> wrote:
Actually woman ;-)

Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks so much Guys, specially Tamar, thank you so much man.

Regards,
Abhijit

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Tamar Fraenkel <tamar@tok-media.com> wrote:
Do you still need the sample code? I use Hector, well here is an example:
This is the Column Family definition:
(I have a composite, but if you like you can have only the UTF8Type).

CREATE COLUMN FAMILY title_indx
    with comparator = 'CompositeType(UTF8Type,UUIDType)'
    and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
    and key_validation_class = 'LongType';

The Query:
    SliceQuery<Long, Composite, String> query =
            HFactory.createSliceQuery(CassandraHectorConn.getKeyspace(),
                    LongSerializer.get(),
                    CompositeSerializer.get(),
                    StringSerializer.get());
    query.setColumnFamily("title_indx");
    query.setKey(...)

    Composite start = new Composite();
    start.add(prefix);
    char c = lowerCasePrefix.charAt(lastCharIndex);
    String prefixEnd prefix.substring(0, lastCharIndex) + ++c;
    Composite end = new Composite();
    end.add(prefixEnd);

    ColumnSliceIterator<Long, Composite, String> iterator =
              new ColumnSliceIterator<Long, Composite, String>(
                       query, start, end, false)
    while (iterator.hasNext()) {
   }

Cheers,