Thanks a lot. It seems that a fix is commited now and fix will appear in the next release, so I won't need my own patched cassandra :)

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.

2012/5/3 Andrey Kolyadenko <akolyadenko@gmail.com>
Hi Vitalii,

I sent patch.

2012/4/24 ̦ <tivv00@gmail.com>
Glad you've got it working properly. I've tried to make as "local" changes as possible, so changed only single value calculation. But it's possible your way is better and will be accepted by cassandra maintainer. Could you attach your patch to the ticket. I'd like for any fix to be applied to the trunk since currently I have to make my own patched build each time I upgrade because of the bug.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn

25 צ 2012 . 09:08 crypto five <cryptofive@gmail.com> :

I agree with your observations.
From another hand I found that ColumnFamily.size() doesn't calculate object size correctly. It doesn't count two fields Objects sizes and returns 0 if there is no object in columns container.
I increased initial size variable value to 24 which is size of two objects(I didn't now what's correct value), and cassandra started calculating live ratio correctly, increasing trhouhput value and flushing memtables.