cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Does or will Cassandra support OpenJDK ?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 21:19:26 GMT
To get the latest sun java 6 JRE on a ubuntu machine using apt-get I've used the instructions

I've also use open JDK for java 6 on ubuntu without issue. You will want to edit
to enable the jamm memory meter though, just comment out the if statement and leave the JVM_OPS…
line un commented.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 15/05/2012, at 2:33 AM, Jeremiah Jordan wrote:

> Open JDK is java 1.7.  Once Cassandra supports Java 1.7 it would most likely work on
Open JDK, as the 1.7 Open JDK really is the same thing as Oracle JDK 1.7 without some licensed
> -Jeremiah
> On May 11, 2012, at 10:02 PM, ramesh wrote:
>> I've had problem downloading the Sun (Oracle) JDK and found this thread where the
Oracle official is insisting or rather forcing Linux users to move to OpenJDK. Here is the
>> I need this because I run Cassandra.
>> Just curious to know if I would be able to avoid the pain of using Sun JDK in future
for production Cassandra ?
>> regards
>> Ramesh

View raw message